Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted [EMAIL PROTECTED],
excerpted below, on  Sun, 17 Aug 2008 10:42:19 +0000:

> Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted [EMAIL PROTECTED],
> excerpted below, on  Sun, 17 Aug 2008 10:33:10 +0000:
>
>> Current workaround: Since I don't have anything else I need to list in
>> world_sets I simply symlinked it to /dev/null, so portage writes
>> @system into /dev/null and system and world continue to be separate as
>> they're supposed to be!  Now it can write @system into world_sets all
>> day, and it won't change anything.
>
> Harumph!  That workaround doesn't seem to work either.  I guess I have
> to resort to putting an emerge previous to portage's emerge in the path,
> that deletes the file portage keeps putting back, before calling the
> portage emerge.

Duh!  Guess I had to ask in ordered to figure it out myself. =:^S

Maybe this should be mentioned in the upgrade documentation as it sure
confused me.  @system isn't part of world, but with the new sets
functionality, as of portage-2.2, system is treated as any other set,
and /just/ as with any other set, it will be added to world if found on
the command line unless --oneshot/-1 is set as well.