On Sunday 30 November 2008 14:23:48 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> I have a very quick proposal: why don't we move the packages' homepage
> in metadata.xml (since it's usually unique for all the versions) and we
> get rid of the variable for the next EAPI version?
I would rather see something like:

packagename/metadata.xml
packagename/package-base.ebuild
packagename/packagename-version.ebuild
packagename/Manifest
packagename/Changelog

Where package-base would store everything basic for the ebuild, licences and
so on, and in package-version would be only specific changes for the version
(for example patching Makefile).

Variables will be overridable this way and thus i think it would be nicer.