On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 02:05:31 +0100
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò) wrote:

> metadata.xml already contains data that eix and other software should
> be able to search in (like longdescriptions), and having each package
> in kde-base report http://www.kde.org/ as its homepage is kinda
> pointless if you think about search, since that's not data, it's
> noise.

So you're saying if I'm interested in a url to look for information
about kalarm, I should search for it in metadata.xml of random kde
packages? Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense to me.

While I'm not necessarily against your primary goal here, your
argumentation is very subjective to say the least (e.g. just because
you find xml easier to read/parse than ebuilds doesn't mean the same
holds true for everyone else, ignoring the whole cache issue). It
feels a bit like you're looking for problems to justify your solution
rather than the other way round.

Marius