On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 12:26 AM, Ciaran McCreesh
<ciaran.mccre...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 00:17:36 +0530
> Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbh...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> Is the following a stricter subset of your wording? --
>>
>> "EAPI must be set in an ebuild as the first non-comment line, and
>> thereafter must not be set to a different value"
>
> No. With your wording, the following are legal:
>
>    EAPI=$(echo 1 )
>
>    EAPI=${PV}
>
>    EAPI=$( a=() ; a+=3 ; echo ${a[0]} )

Ah, I thought I might be missing something. Then how about:

"EAPI must be set in an ebuild as the first non-comment line, such
that bash does not perform any expansions during the assignment, and
thereafter must not be set to a different value"

of course, this is entirely documentation-oriented, and might be
bike-sheddery :)

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan