On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 17:38:51 -0500
Jeremy Olexa <darks...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Should the next EAPI (as proposed) be a major "release" in terms of
> naming?

We don't use major.minor numbers for EAPI or have a concept like that.
It's too much mess.

> And should it really be adding features?

Well... So far as I can see, the main driving force behind all of this
is the immediate need for [use(+)] deps (since developers don't want to
have to mess around with complex || statements), and [use(+)] is most
definitely a new feature.

> With that said, can't bug fixes be implemented without an EAPI bump?

If we screw up the specification and catch it early enough on, then
yes. But [use(+)] really isn't a bug fix...

--
Ciaran McCreesh