Le dimanche 26 avril 2009 à 15:33 -0500, William Hubbs a écrit :
> Hi Gilles,
>
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 11:55:55PM +0200, Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
> > As many of you might already know, gnome switched to git about 2 weeks
> > ago so I'd like to take a pick at what people do concerning upstream
> > using git. How do you present patches you maintain for gentoo to
> > upstream ? Own maintained git server, gentoo hosted git, others ?
>
> Take a look at git format-patch.  You can put your local changes on a
> local branch and create patches that would be able to be merged very
> easily upstream.  Or you can just use git diff to create patches to
> email upstream.

Well I'm more looking into giving upstream the possibility to pick what
we've done by a single git cherry-pick or merge. format-patch works
well, it's what I'm using to keep patches in sync with upstream changes
but what I'm really looking for is a way to say to upstream "look,
that's where patches for your project are hold in gentoo land, come and
pick everything you think is worth it" (sure I can point to
sources.gentoo.org but that's not what I'm looking for).

--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <e...@gentoo.org>
Gentoo