Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbh...@gentoo.org> said:
> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 5:19 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.dun...@cox.net> wrote:
> > Thilo Bangert <bang...@gentoo.org> posted
> > 200905101051.43926.bang...@gentoo.org, excerpted below, on  Sun, 10
> > May
> >
> > 2009 10:51:38 +0200:
> >> also, i feel voting for bugs is completely underutilized. votes make
> >> it apparent to the developers which bugs bug a lot of people. the
> >> incentive to fix those first is there...
> >
> > I know I've never use the bug vote feature, partly because I simply
> > forget it's there now, and partly due to confusion from seeing the
> > earlier rants against it.  Such confusion makes for pretty strong
> > negative conditioning.
>
> Also, most people I know use CCing-frequency as a measure of how many
> people are facing a particular bug, and what importance level to
> assign to it. Votes only cause unnecessary noise and irritation --
> worse than "me too!" comments.

the number of people CC'ed to a certain bug is a good measure as well -
however, i cant sort on that in bugzilla. also, i may have experienced a
particular bug (and CCed to it), but its not a big deal to me. voting
allows for a much more fine grained user preference in that case. a user
only has 100 votes and can spend max 10 votes on a single bug - you can CC
to as many bugs a you want.

"me too" is an important information on a bug and between a comment, a CC
and a Vote i prefer the votes...

Thanks
Thilo