Hi,

Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccre...@googlemail.com>:

> On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 22:14:25 +0200
> Christian Faulhammer <fa...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > > Another one of the things I'd like to see and help reform with the
> > > council. First off it spends way too much time on EAPI/PMS. There
> > > is no reason to make the council an extension of the portage team.
> >
> >  As member of the PMS team I agree, we have to reach out to more
> > people.  No matter how well Ciaran does the job as editor-in-chief
> > the process needs to be broadened to involve other groups, too.
>
> Which groups who would like to be able to contribute currently feel
> that they can't, why do they feel that and why haven't they said so?

 For example people from the other package managers apart from
Paludis.  What we need is a more straight forward way for new
features...yes, some measures are already being worked out, but there is
still work to do.

> Really, the only big issues we've had with EAPI work are getting
> Portage support and working around a Council that wants to both
> micro-manage every last detail of every last feature and only put in
> an hour of work every two weeks.

 Discussion of EAPI features took place on the -dev mailing list
involving council members, so one hour every two weeks is quite
exaggerated.

V-Li

<URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>