Am 05.06.2010 20:31, schrieb Harald van Dijk:
> On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 05:49:08PM +0200, Thomas Sachau wrote:
>> If any package does inherit python or distutils eclass, then those eclasses
>> do pull in
>> "dev-lang/python", which is unversioned, so it will always pull in the
>> latest version, in this case
>> python-3*. You could change this, so it allows any major installed slot to
>> satisfy the python
>> dependency.
>
> A dependency on dev-lang/python *is* satisfied by any slot, any version.
> You've
> been told so already, if I recall correctly.

Every slot and every version *should* satisfy a "dev-lang/python" dependency,
but currently such
unspecified version dependency does automaticly pull in the latest
version/slot, which in case of
python does mean python-3*, even when you have e.g. python:2.6 installed.

--
Thomas Sachau

Gentoo Linux Developer