Am Freitag 18 Juni 2010, 03:42:29 schrieb Brian Harring:
> On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 05:14:16PM -0500, Dale wrote:
> > Lars Wendler wrote:

> > > Definitely yes! This is a very dangerous snippet in Adobe's license
> > > which should be pretty clearly pointed at to every user.
> >
> > Could that also include a alternative to adobe?  If there is one.
>
> The place to advocate free alternatives (or upstreams that are
> nonsuck) isn't in einfo messages in ebuilds, it's on folks blogs or at
> best in metadata.xml... einfo should be "this is the things to watch
> for in using this/setting it up" not "these guys are evil, use one of
> the free alternatives!".

Maybe I expressed myself a bit misinterpretative. I don't want to request an
elog message telling users about alternative packages. But in my opinion an
elog message pointing at the bald-faced parts of Adobe's license should be
added. These parts about allowing Adobe to install further content protection
software is just too dangerous in my opinion.

--
Lars Wendler (Polynomial-C)
Gentoo developer and bug-wrangler