On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 21:46 +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

> BTW: if upstream has an proper VCS and an canonical tagging
> scheme, they don't actually have to create release tarballs,
> just hack up a little script which creates them on-the-fly
> from an canonical URL scheme (eg. oss-qm does exactly that).

This breaks badly when the upstream tarball generation is changed. This
happened to github a few months ago and broke all our manifests. To
their credit they quickly reverted what turned out to be a gratuitous
change, but if they ever need to make a real change we get to redigest
everything.

Kind regards,

Hans