On 7/29/10 8:48 PM, Brian Harring wrote:
> It's basically annoying people into changing to partially
> sidestep a couple of bugs, instead of fixing the issue- and that's the
> wrong course of action.

I think that with python earlier than python-3 unicode handling is quite
complicated, and I'm not surprised there are problems with that.

Arfrever, does python-3 have the same problem with non-UTF8 locales?

Another thing we can consider is making UTF8 the default setup in
Gentoo. I think most people (including me) don't care whether it's C or
UTF8 as long as it works.

Paweł