On Sunday, September 19, 2010 21:18:51 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
wrote:
> -evaluated_PYTHONPATH="$(eval echo -n "${PYTHONPATH_template}")"
> +eval "evaluated_PYTHONPATH=\"${PYTHONPATH_template}\""

the quotes in the 2nd one are useless.  this should work the same:
        eval evaluated_PYTHONPATH=\"${PYTHONPATH_template}\"

while you're in the process of cleaning things up, i know we dont have a rule
anywhere in terms of line length, but python.eclass has always struck me as a
file with incredibly excessive line length.  comparing to other eclasses, it
has multiple lines in it longer than any single line in any other eclass.

i normally develop in a terminal with 170 cols (which i think is larger than
average), so i'm pretty lenient, but even python.eclass exceeds that multiple
times if not running close to it.
-mike