On Sunday, September 19, 2010 22:53:31 Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis
wrote:
> 2010-09-20 03:45:14 Mike Frysinger napisał(a):
> > while you're in the process of cleaning things up, i know we dont have a
> > rule anywhere in terms of line length, but python.eclass has always
> > struck me as a file with incredibly excessive line length.  comparing to
> > other eclasses, it has multiple lines in it longer than any single line
> > in any other eclass.
> >
> > i normally develop in a terminal with 170 cols (which i think is larger
> > than average), so i'm pretty lenient, but even python.eclass exceeds
> > that multiple times if not running close to it.
>
> python.eclass has many nested checks, loops etc.

so what ?  actually look at the long lines.  none of them need to be so long:

lines 33 & 802 & 2226 - a large number of local variables that could easily be
line wrapped otherwise we get 344+ cols.  good luck figuring out what vars are
at the tail end of that.

lines 274 & 290 - a lot of checks in a single if statement that too could
easily be line wrapped

line 2354 - a really long ebegin message that is shown to users

line 489 - a single sed statement that can easily be line wrapped

lines 1158 & 1184 - a single inline python command that can easily be line
wrapped
-mike