On 09/30/2010 09:36 AM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> as I've only recently "graduated to developer", I've got a question about
> this. Diego, your request makes perfect sense to me. But, so far I always
> thought "Python, portage, and gcc are the things that I really need to rely
> on, so whatever I do, I'll keep those stable."
>
> (My development machine(s) are also my real-life work machines.)

As I do second these concerns, another thought:

While /portage/ is vital to our distro (not only) for end users (including
devs doing their workwork on Gentoo systems), /repoman/ isn't.

So - would it make sense to split repoman into its own ebuild?

/haubi/
--
Michael Haubenwallner
Gentoo on a different level