On 10/04/2010 08:45 AM, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
> Am I the only one who is waiting for a Portage 2.2 unmask on ~arch?
> It's taking months if not years ;-)

Well, portage-2.1.9.x is essentially the same codebase as "portage-2.2".
If you look at the 2.1.9 branch, you can see that it diverges and at the
following commit:

http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/portage.git;a=commit;h=efebcb2ba1ab706b2fd69521a0b0e4d1c28abe9d

This commit disables features that I consider to be unstable. Rather
than try to answer the question "when will all these features will be
stable," I'd prefer to ask you "which features you'd most like to have
stabilized" so that we can focus our efforts on getting those specific
features stabilized.
--
Thanks,
Zac