Hi to all,

I am sorry if I'm wasting bandwidth on gentoo-dev with this, but I have found no good answere elsewhere.

I have accidentally stumbled on Codelite ( at the first glance ) _great_ IDE for C/C++/Python ( www.codelite.org).

While toying with its settings for various language syntaxes, I have glanced at Language named Cobra.

Since "emerge -s cobra" gave me nothing, I took a peek at: www.cobra-language.org.

It seems interesting- compiled Python-like language, that is speedwise much closer to C++ than to Python, static/dynamic binding, optional static variable typing etc...

My question is, could existing Portage infrastructure be ported to such language with minimal effort and would it be worthwile to even try ?

There are many operations that now take portage ages to complete, so it seems that this could be benefitial...

Has anyone of Pythonistas tried to give Cobra a look or two ?