On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 09:52, Branko Badrljica <bran...@avtomatika.com> wrote:
> My question is, could existing Portage infrastructure be ported to such
> language with minimal effort and would it be worthwile to even try ?

I'm guessing not.

> There are many operations that now take portage ages to complete, so it
> seems that this could be benefitial...

It seems unlikely that just porting Portage to another language would
yield a faster implementation soon. Instead, one should focus on
identifying bottlenecks in Portage and look at ways to solve them. And
if you really want a faster language implementation, maybe look into
Unladen Sparrow (slated to be merged into Python 3.3) or PyPy.

> Has anyone of Pythonistas tried to give Cobra a look or two ?

No. And I don't really think this question is very on-topic for gentoo-dev.

Cheers,

Dirkjan