On 11/23/2010 09:32 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Tuesday, November 23, 2010 01:36:15 Graham Murray wrote:
Mike Frysinger<vap...@gentoo.org>  writes:
well, not quite.  the way we agreed in the past was to not revbump the
masked package, but once it was unmasked, we revbump it just once at
that point.

Is there somewhere which tells users when there are upgrades to
toolchain packages which are not revbumped once they have been unmasked
and in ~arch?

if they arent revbumped, then the changes dont matter to you

This isn't always the case though, due to developer mistakes. Sometimes when doing emerge -e system, there are changes in /etc files that affect runtime behavior rather than build behavior. And it seems to happen quite often. This is with non-masked packages though.

It's the reason I do emerge -e system quite often (every 3 months or so); runtime fixes are applied by devs without revbumps.