* Micha?? Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> schrieb:

> > What do you think about this idea ?
>
> You mean what do we think about portage-2.2 and preserved-libs?

Well, I'm still using portage-2.1, so I wans't aware of whats going
on there. For now it seems the preservation is still done explicitly
(preserve_old_lib calls in certain ebuilds ?). My proposal is to
record the necessary information (eg. which so some executable/so
is linked against) automatically - does portage-2.2 do that ?

BTW: several blog/maillist postings talked about the problem that
even on recompile, older library versions could be linked in even
on recompile. Somebody suggested to move away preserved libs to
another directly (which is then added to ld.so.conf). What do you
think about that ?

Another approach could be building everything in an separate,
minimal sysroot or chroot. (I admit, I have no idea how complex
it would be to implement that in portage - my Briegel buildsystem
does always does this)

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weig...@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666