Il giorno sab, 22/01/2011 alle 11.02 -0600, William Hubbs ha scritto:

> Is there a reason for this? If not, would it break things if we start
> using /libexec as well as /usr/libexec?

More or less and yes, it would create one more root directory that has
no real usage to be there anyway...

> I noticed that for dhcpcd and openrc we force their LIBEXECDIR to be
> $(get_libdir)/foo, which puts things in different directories
> depending on whether the system is multilib or not.

Which is wrong, it should be /lib/foo instead, not $(get_libdir), to
follow what udev and other software in Linux has been using for a very
long time now.

The one problem we have here is that for reason I don't know,
no-multilib profiles started using lib64 exclusively instead of the
(proper) lib exclusively...

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/