* Theo Chatzimichos <tampak...@gentoo.org>:
> For the record, Kacper told me today that every developer is allowed to touch
> ppc/ppc64 profiles. Archies that don't want others to touch their profiles
> should mention it in the devmanual. I was not aware of that, I thought that
> !arch member is not allowed to touch arch-specific profiles.

The situation is complicated:
- The devmanual[1] reference is wrong. I wonder where it comes from.

  The devmanual wasn't considered policy (mainly because it was started
  by ca connection devmanual <-> policy creeps in.
  *shrug*

- Some arch teams don't want other devs to touch "their" profiles:
  "DON'T TOUCH THIS FILE. Instead, file a bug and assign it to..."
  But this arch is neiter mentioned in the handbook nor in the manual:

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=5#doc_chap4
  http://devmanual.gentoo.org/archs/index.html

- The devhandbook[2] is also kind of unmaintained.
  Devmanual and -handbook are waiting for a merge AFAIR.

- And there is already a stalled bug[3] about "Developer Handbook should
  document how/when to touch arch profiles' files"

[1] http://devmanual.gentoo.org
[2] http://devrel.gentoo.org/handbook
[3] https://bugs.gentoo.org/304435
--