Ladies and Gentlemen,

After consultation and discussion at length with several developers, I
am writing to announce the impending revival of the tool known as
app-admin/webapp-config effective immediately. If any fellow
developers or motivated users from our superb community wish to join
in this effort, please don't hesitate to assert your voice in the
process by responding to this thread. We are aware of several bugs
that need attention and towards their resolution as well as to
facilitate a more pleasant development experience we have moved the
repository to git.overlays.g.o proj/webapp-config.git which is also
easily viewable via the web for those that want to follow along.

While I may prefer to paint the bike shed purple and adorn it with
Larry's beautiful head, I'm certain others have different ideas. It
has under discussion that a fairly substantial refactor and extension
in functionality is needed for webapp-config to bring it into the
current era of web application frameworks (i.e. django, rails,
erlyweb, lift, etc) while also supporting the existing functionality.
I hope that this email serves to invite and stimulate conversation
towards the revival of an excellent tool for Gentoo.

Please let us know your thoughts and interest!

Kind Regards,

Matthew W. Summers
Gentoo Foundation Inc.