Pacho Ramos wrote:
El vie, 14-10-2011 a las 16:48 -0500, Dale escribió:
Pacho Ramos wrote:
It shouldn't, I am sure I have used this some times before and it
worked as expected, but I don't know when revdep-rebuild cache files
are removed (and then, broken packages recalculated) :-/ Any
revdep-rebuild maintainer here to clarify this please? Thanks :)
I always run revdep-rebuild with the -i option. It starts fresh each
time or is supposed to anyway.  This is a snipped list of what was
rebuilt the first time and that it says it wants to rebuild again as I
just ran it again:

   <<<   SNIPPED>>>
That list is identical to the first time I ran it.  I don't know what
you were expecting but this is what it does.

Dale

:-)  :-)

Well, I would expect it to properly recalculate broken packages after
previous run that failed to complete to build failures

From my understanding, it looks for what packages link/use/whatever the library then it rebuilds them all. I guess this is one way to catch them all for sure but it is sort of difficult to know what was already fixed and what is still broke.

I think I see what you are expecting and I wish it was that way but it appears we are not getting what we want with this. Is it doable, maybe, but not at the moment. By the way, I run the unstable versions of those tools.

I guess if the emerge fails, then one would have to use the --resume option to try to rebuild packages or just rebuild what fails by hand and hope you don't miss anything.

Dale

:-)  :-)