On Fri, 2011-10-14 at 23:03 +0200, Pacho Ramos wrote:

> It shouldn't, I am sure I have used this some times before and it worked
> as expected, but I don't know when revdep-rebuild cache files are
> removed (and then, broken packages recalculated) :-/
>
> Any revdep-rebuild maintainer here to clarify this please? Thanks :)

Actually all of the current versions of revdep-rebuild are broken and
always remove the cache files after completion. The exception to this is
when --pretend is used.

When it is fixed in the next version of gentoolkit, the behavior is to
keep the files if it is a pretend run or if emerge exits with a non-zero
status.

Note: emerge will exit with a non-zero status if --keep-going is used
and there is a build failure.

Regards,
Paul