2011/11/11 Alec Warner <anta...@gentoo.org>:

>> Like it is not enough there is version bump every few days...
>> Just alter only live ebuild and branch of it with each release and do
>> not alter the releases unless really critical bug is there. People are
>> patient and they can wait for bugfixes.
>
> I actually like that chromium releases at a high rate of speed. Does
> that mean it sucks for Gentoo? Sure.
> However if I want to stay on a particular rev (so I don't recompile
> all the time) I can pmask it (and so can you.)

I am not bitching about that updates, I am pissed that even if I
update the ebuild is altered afterwards so I again have to recompile
it for no obvious benefits. Even those bugfixes can wait for next damn
release that will happen in few days...

>> Imagine that I would adopt your approach with libreoffice. I suppose
>> people would chain me to some wall and use as target practice as
>> result fo my actions :)
>
> Well one; I care a lot less about having an up to date libre office
> since it is not typically a target for attacks (unlike my browser
> which has a large attack surface.)
> That being said; if upstream did an actual release every week I
> wouldn't be offended if those releases made it into the tree; again it
> is up to me as a user to decide if i am recompiling or not.

You would be suprised how much people try to exploit your documents
and how interesting that gets :)

Tom