Joshua Kinard posted on Tue, 13 Mar 2012 20:13:53 -0400 as excerpted:

> On 03/13/2012 01:11, Luca Barbato wrote:
>
>> Our current init system doesn't have any problem with /usr being
>> mounted later, but udev might have issues.
>>
>> Same could be said about bluez and dbus.
>
> bluez and dbus aren't system-critical services, however.  udev kinda is,
> along with key filesystem tools.

Bluez is a critical system service if that's your keyboard and you need
to do init-diagnostics.  Dbus isn't... yet... but it's likely to be, for
some people at least, within a couple years, as systemd's going to be
using it, and other init services will assume/require it before /they/
come up.