On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 07:04:52AM -0400, Joshua Kinard wrote:
> Devtmpfs quite literally handles 98% of my particular usage scenario.  Does
> that apply to everyone?  Nope.  Just an interesting observation.

devtmpfs does not handle device permissions.

As for a "smaller" udev, feel free to try, please realize that this that
is what udev used to be, before it was fixed to work properly.  udev is
very small and compact, but patches to make it smaller are always
welcome.

There's always mudev if you don't want to run udev, good luck with that.

greg k-h