Arun Raghavan писал 2012-05-23 22:37:
I, for one, think we should stay with CVS and leave all this git
Linusware to the new-fangled Fedora kids with their fancy init systems
and tight coupling. CVS was good enough for my grandfather, and it's
good enough for you.

CVS is damn slow. On every cvs up it should stat *all* files and cvs entryes in current state its ~212k files in gentoo-x86. It will be sloow on every machine unless you put all this files in ram

Actual number of usefull files is only about ~60k (ebuilds,eclasses,metadata.xml,patches)

Its comparable to linux kernel git tree ~42k files

And yes git is much more faster.

PS if ibm s/360 was good for my grandfather why we all use modern intel pc? Lets stay under 1 MIPS machines like s/360

--
Best Regards,
Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov