Michał Górny posted on Sun, 03 Jun 2012 09:22:04 +0200 as excerpted:

>> Even if only the files metatdata changes, that still adds a significant
>> cost to an rsync.
>
> I wonder when it will come to the point where git will be more efficient
> than rsync. Or maybe it would be already?

Handwavey guess, but I've figured git to be more efficient client-side
for some time.  Server-side I don't know about, but I've presumed that's
the reason the switch-to-git plans haven't included switching the default
for user-syncs to git.  I expect user/client side, git would be more
efficient already, but as I said, that's handwavey guesses.