Greg KH schrieb:
> So, anyone been thinking about this?  I have, and it's not pretty.
>
> Should I worry about this and how it affects Gentoo, or not worry about
> Gentoo right now and just focus on the other issues?
>
> Minor details like, "do we have a 'company' that can pay Microsoft to
> sign our bootloader?" is one aspect from the non-technical side that I've
> been wondering about.

For the current crop of hardware, it is probably sufficient to add a
paragraph to the handbook which tells the user to disable secure boot.

Getting users' self-compiled boot loaders signed with a Gentoo key is
probably infeasible.

If you have influence on UEFI secure boot spec, you could suggest that
they mandate a UI which lists all boot images known to the EFI boot
manager, and the user can easily whitelist both individual loaders and
the keys used to sign them.

Best regards,
Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn