On 07/10/2012 06:18 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
An alternative would be to provide separate virtual/libudev
and virtual/libgudev; and maybe changing ebuilds not to depend on
[hwids] but rather pull in sys-apps/hwids directly (since that's what
the flag does).

USE=hwdb should be reviewed:

<udev-180 used to have ./configure switch for --enable/--disable-hwdb
>udev-180 was bumped without taking care of the switch, and the ebuild got QA warning then it was fixed for something else, and the `use_enable` was dropped to supress the warning
and then hwids was made into a separate package

so knowing all that, I would simply kill USE=hwdb and always pull in the package, as it used to be for avoiding pulling in the actual pciutils/usbutils with their dependencies, but is not worth for the separate hwids package anymore

What are you thoughts?