On 07/10/2012 06:18 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
Hello, all.

Since nowadays udev is bundled within systemd, we start having two
libudev providers: >=sys-apps/systemd-185 and sys-fs/udev. Making
the long story short, I would like to introduce a virtual for libudev
which would pull in either of those two.

sys-apps/systemd with USE="systemd" where USE="-systemd" would only install udev

and a virtual/udev for handling the migration period:

|| ( sys-apps/systemd <sys-fs/udev-186 )

the way it's currently in tree is not the way to go, and is somewhat obstructing the systemd maintaince. as in, I can see where you are coming with this thread.