On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Canek Peláez Valdés <can...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with Greg Kroah-Hartman: I actually like (and want) a
> "vertically integrated, tightly coupled way of doing things".

Well, if you completely agreed with him you wouldn't be running Gentoo
(or Debian, or other general-purpose distros).  He advocates that
ordinary users should use more purpose-driven distros, where all of
this stuff is less of an issue.

He does make a valid point - I'd never argue that a linux noob should
start with Gentoo.  However, obviously I think Gentoo has its place,
and the world would be poorer without it.

Rich