On 15-08-2012 07:32:45 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 7:07 AM, Fabian Groffen <grob...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >
> > Huh?  Not sure I understand this, but it suggests something which isn't
> > true for Prefix to me.
>
> Do you want every other package in the tree depending on glibc, and
> therefore trying to pull it in on a prefix system?  (For those
> unaware, prefix depends on a non-Gentoo glibc for the system call
> interface.)

Correction: Prefix uses a possibly non-Gentoo, host-provided libc, not
necessarily GNU libc of an unknown version.

There are only a few packages I've seen that depend on a certain
(min/max) version of glibc, and when in use for Prefix, mostly use
  "!prefix? ( elibc_glibc? ( ...) )"
stuff at the moment.

--
Fabian Groffen