On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 12:53:15 +0200
Ralph Sennhauser <s...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> The EAPI=0 requirement comes from having to provide an update path for
> systems with a package manager without EAPI support. By now we are
> talking about really ancient systems and it's questionable if there is
> any merit in supporting such.
>
> Further the situation is that some of the maintainers of must be EAPI 0
> ebuilds already moved on as the majority of users will profit from a
> bump. As a result the clean upgrade path is already borked and the
> value of keeping others at EAPI=0 deteriorates further and further.

Yeah as soon as python went it was pretty much pointless.  I don't see any
value in forcing system packages to EAPI 0 anymore.  Everything you're saying
makes sense to me at least.

I'd argue against deprecating EAPI 0 any time soon though.  Killing EAPI 1
would be a better idea.

--
gcc-porting
toolchain, wxwidgets          we were never more here, expanse getting broader