On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 23:22:01 +0200
Samuli Suominen <ssuomi...@gentoo.org> wrote:
[...]
> One of the commits was before anything was said to ML (the EAPI
> change), the comment was later but the commenter didn't notice it
> just got fixed minutes before that.
>
> I didn't ignore anything, but pointed this thread and the comments to
> mgorny since the exact same EPREFIX code is in systemd.eclass too. If
> you think this is incorrect, I would expect prefix@ maintainers to
> provide a patch to correct it.

That's why a review is usually useful...

> And as I already pointed out, i'll be reusing the internal function
> later on in the ebuild just like systemd.eclass does, like for
> example, $(udev_do_rules_d) function.

Please show the code. As of now, the internal function is only
obfuscating a bit the code. This is obviously another order of
magnitude in terms of complexity but I do not want to have pyth... err
udev-ng, udev-ng-r1, udev-r1 eclasses :)

> We discussed also the conversion from echo to printf and saw it
> unnecessary.

Who is we? And why? I believe the -n to echo is not useful, so better
drop it entirely instead of wrongly making people believe not having a
newline matters.