On 24/11/2012 11:20, Peter Stuge wrote:
> This discussion is not about how wise the RUBY_TARGETS syntax is for
> ruby, it is about if it would be possible to find and use a common
> syntax for all languages, to make a more consistent Gentoo interface.

Pffft...

>> We're not going to change it just because.
>
> Sorry, what do you mean by "just because" ?
>
> I guess that you agree that being consistent and coherent helps
> acceptance, and that increasing Gentoo acceptance is desirable?

No. Being consistently stupid is not a good reason to be consistent.

And since as I said the RUBY_TARGETS interface is designed to be _usable
by Ruby developers_, being consistent and breaking that, is not
something I would care about.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flamee...@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/