On 11/27/12 4:38 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> On 27/11/2012 04:32, justin wrote:
>> Documentation and examples are installed on every system. Also japanese
>> man pages are installed.
>
> Does the documentation take time to build, or is it an external
> download? If no, don't use a doc USE flag.
>
> Do the example require to be built? If no, don't use an examples USE flag.

Everything is bundled and doesn't need to be built.
I know your are against USE for installation only purposes, so my
question is why?
The reason I introduced the USE here and in general to use it in similar
locations is that those packages install tons of documentation and
examples, which I personally don't like to waste my diskspace with. What
is wrong to give the user this install only option?

justin