On 27/11/2012 08:01, justin wrote:
> The reason I introduced the USE here and in general to use it in similar
> locations is that those packages install tons of documentation and
> examples, which I personally don't like to waste my diskspace with. What
> is wrong to give the user this install only option?

You could go with "minimal" in that case. How big said documentation
would be? Over 100M? Because boost's libraries are 100M without debug
information.

In general I prefer having everything available by default if it doesn't
require impossible amount of space, add dependency, or take time to build.

We have INSTALL_MASK and FEATURES=nodoc if you don't want the
documentation, after all.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flamee...@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/