On Tuesday 27 November 2012 07:26:50 justin wrote:
> next patch for intel-sdp.eclass

your code has a lot of whitespace damage (leading spaces instead of tabs).
you should fix that up.

> +# @ECLASS-FUNCTION: big-warning
> +# @INTERNAL
> +# warn user that we really require a license

there should be @DESCRIPTION line before the description

you can run /usr/portage/app-portage/eclass-manpages/files/eclass-to-manpage.sh
against the eclass to check for errors.

also, just because they're @INTERNAL doesn't mean short names like "big-
warning" and "run-test" are OK.  your eclass is putting funcs into global
scope which can collide with other eclasses/ebuilds and possibly things in
$PATH (dejagnu provides a standard program called `runtest`).  best to give
them a unique prefix like _isdp_big_warning().

> +_version_test() {
> +    local _comp _comp_full _arch _file _warn

you've declared the vars all local.  there's no need for the _ prefix.

> +   for ((i = 0; i < ${#_dirs[@]}; i++)); do

for dir in "${dirs[@]}" ; do

that avoids indexing dirs constantly
-mike