On 28/11/12 00:04, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 November 2012 07:26:50 justin wrote:
>> next patch for intel-sdp.eclass
>
> your code has a lot of whitespace damage (leading spaces instead of tabs).
> you should fix that up.

I am sorry for that and we fix it up. Did some writing on mac where the
editor did magic tab -> whitespace conversion.

>> +# @ECLASS-FUNCTION: big-warning
>> +# @INTERNAL
>> +# warn user that we really require a license
>
> there should be @DESCRIPTION line before the description

I have overlooked that. Fixed now.

> you can run
> /usr/portage/app-portage/eclass-manpages/files/eclass-to-manpage.sh
> against the eclass to check for errors.

Didn't know, that you can run it on single files. Nice to know, Thanks.

> also, just because they're @INTERNAL doesn't mean short names like "big-
> warning" and "run-test" are OK.  your eclass is putting funcs into global
> scope which can collide with other eclasses/ebuilds and possibly things in
> $PATH (dejagnu provides a standard program called `runtest`).  best to give
> them a unique prefix like _isdp_big_warning().

You are right. I will prefix and name them correctly.

>> +_version_test() {
>> +    local _comp _comp_full _arch _file _warn
>
> you've declared the vars all local.  there's no need for the _ prefix.
>
>> +   for ((i = 0; i < ${#_dirs[@]}; i++)); do
>
> for dir in "${dirs[@]}" ; do

I can't remember what was my problem, but somehow I didn't manage to
iterate properly over the array. So I looked that up and found this syntax.
But maybe something else was wrong too.

> that avoids indexing dirs constantly
> -mike

thanks for your comments mike,