On 12/17/2012 02:55 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Kacper Kowalik <xarthis...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> All trouble can be saved by asking user to recompile package with
>> relevant flags on bug report, resolving the bug as NEEDINFO. Instead of
>> forcing everybody out there using Gentoo to have additional XGb for
>> debug, patching troublesome packages like webkit-gtk etc. Bug without
>> valid data is by definition... invalid?
>
> Tend to agree.  Plus, you can always compile -O0 in such a case and

Ages ago I wrote something about how wrong is using -O0 and expect to
reproduce issues. IIRC Diego blogged about it as well.

Please do not use -O0, it changes a _lot_ the codepats of programs and
glibc (and other libc) might or might not switch to compiler specific
implementation that might uncover problems.

I'd rather suggest the user to install valgrind and run the application
under it.

lu