On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 17:33:27 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <1i5t5.dun...@cox.net> wrote:

> Michał Górny posted on Sun, 13 Jan 2013 15:24:02 +0100 as excerpted:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Right now an attempt to commit an ebuild with no HOMEPAGE results in:
> >
> >   HOMEPAGE.missing              1
> >    app-admin/eselect-sh/eselect-sh-0.4.ebuild
> >
> > Note: use --include-dev (-d) to check dependencies for 'dev' profiles
> >
> > Please fix these important QA issues first.
> >
> > Why is this considered an 'important QA issue'? Does the policy really
> > say that if something doesn't have a homepage, we're supposed to put
> > garbage in there?
>
> How does something not have a homepage?  If upstream is gone, then by
> definition, gentoo's the "upstream" as we're distributing it, so
> gentoo.org becomes the homepage.

If something is a six-liner made by Gentoo and for Gentoo, noone cares
enough to create a homepage for it.

http://gentoo.org is the most useless 'homepage' value you can use. It
doesn't mean anything, and especially you aren't going to find a piece
of information on the software on that site.

In that case, even https://bugs.gentoo.org is more useful.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny