On Mon, 11 Feb 2013 22:04:43 +0100
Luca Barbato <lu_z...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Your whole email is derailing a bit from discussing the code at hand
> and it is going deep down on the people, I'd rather not get there
> since it gets totally unrelated the question at hand.

I'm not sure if you read my reply, but it was not meant at all as going
down on the people. I realized it was understood as such and
apologized, and apologize again here.

> On 11/02/13 14:49, Alexis Ballier wrote:
> > All of this because ~10 people cannot work together, well, really,
> > thank you :)
>
> May I point you that ~10 people were the majority of what was FFmpeg,
> thus 10 people were enough to demote democratically the so called
> Leader and that guy got the name from Fabrice as his personal
> decision?
>
> I'm perfectly happy to develop my code as long I'm not dragged in the
> mud with outlandish statement or people annoying the hell of me
> because they want to force me to merge because would be so better.

It would be better. Nobody wants to force you to do anything though. I
guess that answers my question on a possible reopening of the
discussions.

> Well, you are talking to one of the two guys that spent about 3 months
> behind the scenes trying to compose the situation before it ended with
> the in theory normal demotion of a so-called Leader by democratic
> means.

To be honest, I never understood why this had to be done by a takeover
with such a majority of people, and always wondered why what seen
publicly was only a poor leader asking for democracy but demoted by
force (exagerating a bit). This surely encouraged people to support him.
I guess I should ask you for more details in private.

Alexis.