On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 09:39:34AM +0000, Markos Chandras wrote:
> On 15 February 2013 00:19, Diego Elio Pettenò <flamee...@flameeyes.eu> wrote:
> > The problem is when you have to triple-check that the user hasn't
> > enabled some random fucked up overlay and you have to guess whether that
> > might be the cause of the problem. Yes it happens, not so rarely.
> >

> That's not a good argument. You can't stop people from using whatever
> external sources they want. But you can easily
> spot what they use from a simple eix -e <broken-package> or emerge
> --info and close the bug as INVALID in the blink of an eye

Not really, this works when the bug is opened against a given package
from an overlay. Diego's raised issue is about some *DEPEND installed
from an overlay, but the failing package is from the tree.

emerge --info will not report from which overlays the *DEPEND has been
installed. I don't know of a simple command to list installed reverse
dependencies; qdepends -Q does not show repo_name info.

--
Cyprien Nicolas (Fulax)
Gentoo Lisp project contrib