On 15 February 2013 22:34, Diego Elio Pettenò <flamee...@flameeyes.eu> wrote:
> (But I would still argue that "spotting overlay usage" is not always as
> simple; at least in one case I got somebody who was trying to hide their
> use of proaudio.)

Users editing the output of emerge --info and hiding they overlay
usage is another problem. Anyway, overlays are not going away, so we
just need to streamline our process of dealing with the resulting
bugs.

To bring this back on topic, users are going to get tree-cleaned
ebuilds anyway, putting them in their local overlays if they want to
use these packages. We're just facilitating them with a more
centralized solution for this, as there is obvious demand for it.
Plus, this may be a stepping stone for users fixing those packages and
taking up proxy-maintainership.

--
Cheers,

Ben | yngwin
Gentoo developer
Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin