On 05/25/2013 01:29 PM, Sergei Trofimovich wrote:
> If you can't change options at boot time it's very simple to get
> unbootable system. Just curious, who does such systems and
> how root filesystem (+ it's mount options) is expected to be
> found there?

You write your bootargs in the kernel, if you really must you can go to
the efi shell and override by hand.

you can surely install an efi ui on top of your efi implementation but
that's unrelated. My current setup works decently the way I mentioned
and I guess more than a single person might use it.

> I'd go for init=/sbin/gentoo-init and make all the messy stuff there.
> Otherwise by breaking /sbin/init it would be hard to find proper
> name of, say, SYSVs /sbin/init. How would you call it?

/bin/init is my idea (second in the list in linux fallback), otherwise
we can just make the wrapper use a non-taken name and have people
willing to play with it just reroll their kernel/boot system.

lu