On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 04:39:59AM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
> Dnia 2013-06-20, o godz. 15:56:09
> William Hubbs <willi...@gentoo.org> napisał(a):
>
> > On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:16:36PM +0200, Fabio Erculiani wrote:
> > > There is a new version of eselect-init in the systemd-love overlay to
> > > play with.
> > > The new version saw the following major changes:
> > >
> > > - the /sbin/init (aka the symlink that eselect-init handles) can be
> > > changed to whatever one wants through make.conf [1] (this is a compile
> > > time option, as documented in the eclass)
> >
> > Why do we need to mess with /sbin/init at all?
>
> Yes, we do because we don't want sysvinit randomly getting run
> as fallback and messing with our systems.

I don't understand what you are saying here.

If eselect-init installs the wrapper as /sbin/einit, we don't have to
touch /sbin/init at all, then, the only thing someone would have to do
is to add an entry to their boot loader with init=/sbin/einit on the kcl
to use it.

> > I like the suggestion that came up here on the list a while back, have
> > the eselect init module install its own symlink at, say, /sbin/einit.
> > You would still have to have the user edit their boot loader
> > configuration file one time if they want to use this, but this makes it
> > completely opt-in.
>
> Plus hacking kernel sources to disable /sbin/init fallback.

No, there is no reason we would have to hack anything in the kernel
sources.

William