On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 06:10:27PM +0100, Steven J. Long wrote:
> Fabio Erculiani wrote:
> > - only init is currently handled by eselect-init, which is now using a
> > very small wrapper POSIX shell script to redirect the calls to the
> > currently running init
>
> How does say, switching inittab format, work under this setup?

I think this is a separate issue -- if busybox init's inittab is a
different format than sysvinbb's inittab, it should also use a different
file name, e.g. bb-inittab or something similar.

bb could fall back to inittab, but I think it should look for something
liike bb-inittab first. That way eselect init wouldn't have to worry
about it at all.

William